Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Our Vision is to inspire individuals and enrich our community.
Our Mission is to create experiences, opportunities and an atmosphere for lifelong learning.
Our Core Values:
- Unwavering commitment to exceptional customer experiences
- Valuing all of our relationships through teamwork, integrity and respect
- Dedication to providing outstanding library resources and services
- Continuous improvement of our processes and policies
- Steadfast environmental stewardship that minimizes our carbon footprint, improves conservation of resources and is fiscally responsible
For full consideration you must complete an electronic application for each position applied for. You can select multiple locations for each job title.
Not all electronic devices support use of the EVPL Electronic Application. EVPL public computers are available for use if your device is not compatible.
Most employment opportunity communication is via e-mail. If you do not provide a viable e-mail address on your application you may not receive related communications.
You may access the EVPL Electronic Application here or within the job posting.
- Customer Service Representative - East and McCollough Branches - Part-time
- Helpdesk Technician - Tech Center, Central Library - Part-time -This position has been filled.
- Customer Service Representative - Red Bank and West Branches - Part-time -This position has been filled.
- Shelver - Central Circulation, Central Library - Part-time
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
Right to Work: English | Spanish
Notice: English | Spanish
For further information on volunteering, please contact the Human Resources Department using Ask EVPL.
How to apply to volunteer:
Download a Volunteer Application or pick one up at any EVPL location.
EVPL Volunteer Program Guidelines:
- Volunteer opportunities at EVPL are made available to the public.
- Individuals interested in volunteering for EVPL must successfully complete the application and the screening process defined for the position in question.
- EVPL reserves the right to deny an applicant acceptance into its volunteer program.
- Volunteers will be adequately trained by staff or experienced volunteers for the position to which they are assigned.
- Volunteers are asked to sign in and out each time they volunteer.
- EVPL volunteers are not paid for their volunteer work.
- While notice is appreciated, a volunteer may cancel their voluntary relationship with EVPL at anytime.
Return volunteer application to any EVPL location or mail to:
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Attn: Human Resources
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Evansville, IN 47713