Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Our Vision is to inspire individuals and enrich our community.
Our Mission is to create experiences, opportunities and an atmosphere for lifelong learning.
Our Core Values:
- Unwavering commitment to exceptional customer experiences
- Valuing all of our relationships through teamwork, integrity and respect
- Dedication to providing outstanding library resources and services
- Continuous improvement of our processes and policies
- Steadfast environmental stewardship that minimizes our carbon footprint, improves conservation of resources and is fiscally responsible
For full consideration you must complete an electronic application for each position applied for. You can select multiple locations for each job title.
Not all electronic devices support use of the EVPL Electronic Application. EVPL public computers are available for use if your device is not compatible.
Most employment opportunity communication is via e-mail. If you do not provide a viable e-mail address on your application you may not receive related communications.
You may apply for Customer Service Representative or Helpdesk Technician at any time by accessing the EVPL Electronic Application. Even if there is not a posting for the location you are interested in!
You may access the EVPL Electronic Application here or within the job posting.
- CEO-Director Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library - System-wide Administration - Full-time, Benefit Eligible
- READ (Children's) Center Supervisor - Central Library, READ Center - Full-time, Benefit Eligible - This position requires a Master's degree in library science.
- Reader's Advisor - Central Library, Reference Services - Full-time, Benefit Eligible
- Customer Services Representative - Central Library, Central Circulation - Full-time, Benefit Eligible
- Customer Services Representative - West and Red Bank Libraries - Part-time
- Reader's Advisor - Oaklyn Branch - Full-time, Benefit Eligible
- Digital Data Input Clerk - Central Library/Reference Services - Part-time, Temporary (approximately 25 weeks), Grant-funded.
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library Full-time Employee Benefits Summary.
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
Right to Work: English | Spanish
Notice: English | Spanish
For further information on volunteering, please contact the Human Resources Department using Ask EVPL.
You may access the Download a Volunteer Application or pick one up at any EVPL location.
Return volunteer application to any EVPL location or mail to:
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Attn: Human Resources
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Evansville, IN 47713