Employment Opportunities: Full-time Lead Finance Clerk - Central Library Business Office
Location: Central Library - Business Office
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47713
Start Date: October 18, 2012
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs administrative support work processing, maintaining and verifying payroll data, invoices and accounts payable, reconciling various financial accounts, gathering and submitting related reports to state and federal agencies, establishing and maintaining various payroll or accounting related records, reports and files, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Verifies and processes timesheets and payroll data; sends payment records to bank for processing; responds to immediate payroll information or processing requests; investigates discrepancies.
- Reviews invoices; assigns account numbers and processes checks for payment on accounts due.
- Documents and balances receipts in various accounting programs; investigates deposit and bank statement discrepancies; coordinates payments or accounting with individual department staff.
- Maintains, balances and reports special funds to appropriate departments and branches.
- Balances accounts in the ledger; reconciles bank account statements.
- Balances, reports and processes regularly scheduled payroll taxes, retirement payments, government and other specially requested payroll reports; processes and balances W-2's and 1099's.
- Generates and maintains payroll, month end, third party sick pay and investment records.
- Inputs and maintains employee information in various database systems for payroll and human resources.
- Processes purchase orders and maintains the purchase log.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of budget and financial reports.
- Acts as a backup for other library, business and human resources office staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work frequently sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
REQUIRES: Associates/Technical degree in accounting, or related field and moderate experience working with fund accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred and be dependable and responsible. Applicants must adhere to Library’s Dress Guidelines (“Business Casual”) and dress suitable for the task at hand, and must maintain good personal hygiene in compliance with Library Code of Conduct.
Qualified persons interested may submit an EVPL Electronic Application. Applicant materials will be taken until the position is filled.
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Attn: Human Resources
200 S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47713
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.