This policy covers how the EVPL treats personal information that they collect and receive. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
The EVPL website ("evpl.org") collects personal information when you sign in to your account at evpl.org, when you use certain products and services, when you visit evpl.org pages, and when you register for programs, events, and meeting rooms.
When you register, we ask for personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, etc. Once you register on evpl.org and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
The EVPL automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request.
The EVPL uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The EVPL does not permit the disclosure of records which can be used to identify its patrons; however, the EVPL is subject to and complies with the provisions of the Public Records Act, I.C. 5-14-3-1, et seq.
The EVPL does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your permission except:
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To share information as EVPL believes necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law, i.e. the Patriot Act.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
evpl.org uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in," so that we can provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using evpl.org's services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve content and services on evpl.org.
- Require you to re-enter your login information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
The EVPL may update this policy at any time.
Except for special circumstances, the EVPL does not knowingly collect or store information without parental consent.