Indiana General & Historical Information
- Subject guides to Indiana Division Materials at the Indiana State Library (bibliographies on Indiana history topics)
- Special indexes (Biography, World War II Servicemen, cemeteries, marriages, etc.) at the Indiana State Library
- Indiana's Popular History (Indiana Historical Society) provides articles and stories about well-known Hoosiers.
- Indiana Magazine of History is the premier scholarly journal on Indiana history. The website offers current table of contents from the journal and a searchable index of all issues from 1930 to 2000.
- Historic Southern Indiana is part of the community outreach program of the University of Southern Indiana, and is dedicated to preserving, enhancing, and promoting the historical, natural, and recreational resources of this area.
- History Online (Conner Prairie) has full-text articles on early Indiana history are included on this site. In addition, you will find early Hoosier recipes, and digitized documents.
- InGenWeb provides links to genealogical and historical information from all of Indiana's 92 counties. The amount of information provided varies by county.
- Indiana in the Civil War provides regimental histories, texts of letters from Hoosier soldiers, a bibliography of printed materials about Hoosiers in the Civil War, and more information.
- Indiana's Local Historical Societies : As part of its Local History Services, the Indiana Historical Society maintains an online listing of all of the Indiana local historical societies, many with links to the societies' web sites. Some of the historical societies' web sites offer considerable amounts of historical information.
- Indiana State Museum & Historic Sites, part of the Department of Natural Resources for the State of Indiana, provide information on their collections and sites.
- Project CANALTREK (Office of Learning Resources, Dept. of Education) offers links to participating schools throughout Indiana. Fourth grade classes pick topics on Indiana history, do research, and post their projects on the web to share with the world.
- Nineteenth Century Indiana Physicians Database is IU School of Medicine's list of over 15,000 people who, by self-declaration in census or to an organized medical society, identified themselves as physicians and midwives.
Demographics and statistics
Google's Indiana category is a large collection of links of many kinds.
Use Google to search the State of Indiana's official websites. Simply type in your keywords, separated by spaces, and add site:in.gov.